Malton Equine Veterinary Services
In accordance with Data Protection Laws, it enables individuals to understand how their personal information may be used under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For any queries regarding this policy, please contact Vet Repro on any of the following:
01653 570313 / 01653 570311
10 Town Street, Old Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 7HB
The type of ‘personal data’ in which we collect may include the following:
– Home address
– Yard address
– Contact numbers – landline and/or mobile
– Email address
– Payment card details/bank details
– Animal details (Name, breed, gender, date of birth or age, colour)
– Clinical history (inc. diagnostic images)
We obtain this information for only lawful purposes, as part of our daily operation in order to supply the best possible care to your horse.
We collect this personal data at the time of you registering as a client, whether that be in person, over the telephone or via the online registration form.
Examples of how we may use this information are:
– To register you as a client.
– To enable us to book, change or cancel appointments.
– To Invoice products and/ or services.
– To process payments for products/ services.
– To contact you regarding our products/ services.
– To notify you of any treatments that your animals are due. (Useful information such as vaccination reminders, relevant articles relating to horse welfare/care, product information and any promotions run by Vet Repro may be shared with you).
– To notify you of changes to our services or hours.
– To analyse laboratory results (in-house or by sending to an external company).
– To refer for specialist treatment (e.g. MRI Scans).
– To liaise with third parties (e.g. Insurance companies, Cremation or disposal services, Microchip/ Passport registration companies).
We have in place, appropriate security to ensure that any personal data is not lost, used or accessed by unauthorised personnel .
We agree to keeping this data only for legitimate and lawful reasons and all staff members of Vet Repro are subject to a duty of confidentiality and will only process your data according to company policy.
Your data will never be sold to third parties for marketing purposes. Personal data will only be retained for the purpose of original intended use. In accordance with the law, we are required to keep your data on file for 7 years.This will include all personal data given to us upon registration with the practice, all clinical history (including diagnostic images) but excludes any bank account details.
The practice will seek advice on matters of confidentiality and disclosing confidential information were unclear from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons’ Professional Conduct Department.